There are two types of people in this world, those who like period sex and those who are grossed out by the thought. This blog is for the former, those period sex adventurist or those contemplating diving into the deep red pool. If you are not about that life this is where you get off the ride, because I am not interested in hearing your negative opinions about how nasty period sex is or about how you don't like it, so don't message me. I don't care. But for those of you who are interested, I am going to put you on the "period" game.
1. Invest in some period towels. Dark towels make the best towels to use during sex. Simply slip them under you before you get going and pop them in the washing machine after.
2. Head for the shower. The weird thing about shower sex is that your vagina’s natural lubricants can get washed away by the water, making you dry in the wet. That all changes when you’re on your period. The blood gives you much more lubrication, so it’s the best shower sex of the month. Plus, the water washes away any mess.
3. Try Oral Sex doesn’t just have to be penetrative. Grab hold of some clitoral sex toys and let those orgasms fly! Just wash them in warm water after and they’re as good as new. If you’re asking yourself “can I have sex with a period cup?”, the answer’s yes. You have two choices. You can either take it out before penetrative sex or, if you’re in the middle of a heavy flow, you can enjoy oral sex instead. That way your menstrual cup can stay right where it is
4. Spooning- Come flow-time, this sex position can be one of the best: When you‘re on your period, some women report more pelvic congestion, which is a heaviness that can trigger arousal. This is why some women report wanting to have more sex while on their period, versus none at all. Gentle positions like spooning can be a perfect way to enjoy sex you can play with the depth of penetration and different angles to make sure it works for you.
5. Shorter Periods- Period sex can shorten your period. Fun news – your body might be able to hack your period. When you orgasm, your uterus contracts, which can speed up the shedding of your uterine lining. By having an orgasm, you might be able to shorten the usual 7-day cycle by 2 or 3 days.
At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with having sex on your period. I actually encourage everybody to try it once, I mean how do you even know what you don't like if you have never tried it.